THE AUCTION NIGHT...EXTENDED ONLINE BIDDING CONTINUES!
10.11.10 --- 1 being the superstitious number for loneliness, it also rained... but it didn’t stop WA’s creative industry descending to THE BIRD for CELEBRATE THE SUN’s first event for 2010 : Silent Auction and fundraiser to deliver an important message:
“As CREATIVES – Our role in the community is to create, influence and change.
We follow CREATIVITY to find internal truths for who we are, what we stand for and through our line of work – how we can make an impact.
With CREATIVITY as an outlet to express self acceptance through social, environmental, political perspectives - a designer, writer, blogger, stylist, performer or artist can project a personal message ( often at the risk of intense public scrutiny ) as an honest statement of one’s life experiences and journey through change.
It is because of CREATIVITY, we give ourselves permission to be closer to who we truly are and discover how we can contribute to change.
Without CREATIVITY we suppress our right to express ourselves.Following Creativity brings happiness and truth. And from truth –we find identity and our place in the world.
If only more people knew how to follow CREATIVITY – There would be less depression in this world.”
Quoted: Lisa, Alicia, Tash and Erica CTS 2010
At least 100 creative peers, sponsors and public arrived at 6pm, $3 was automatically donated by THE BIRD for each guest who also received Beyondblue bags containing vital information regarding depression. Ryan Dillon’s soothing acoustic sounds caressed the crowd as they nibbled on vegies and local cheeses donated by Harvey Fresh.
In the courtyard packed of casual yet well dressed cool kids, Gen-Y media heads, DROPSTITCH models, designers and social photographers as the CTS team openly prepared for auction. Seen in the crowd were JODEE KNOWLES, ALISTER YIAP, TEAGAN SEWELL, CHELSEY WAYTE, ZOE TROTMAN, SCOTT-PATRICK MITCHELL, ELISHA QUINTAL, JEROMY LIM, DANIEL ROMANIN, DAVID WIER, MERGE, MIKE O’HANLON and JOHN MCLIVER.
MC for the night, JACQUI BROWN opened the auction with her wit and humour, whilst introducing each model as they descended on the stage with twisted bun hair by TONI & GUY and fresh makeup by CONSTANCE BOWLES. It was an array of colourful gold, orange, black and white themed offerings, one by one, transcending onto the stage holding sunny bidding signs. CTS crowd stopping outfits were the LONLEY -8 BIT HEROES tuxedo tights modelled by EMILY BATHGATE and for the lads the DAVID&/ORBILLY white cape modelled by CAMERON ETCHELLS was an instant hit.
BIDS & DONATIONS:
On the night of CTS all bids were officially opened at $0.00 as the crowd lined up & silently voted, slotting ballot slips into vintage suitcases, designed by PREVOSTWIER ARCHITECTS covered in sun’s, clouds and transcripts of past memories including a young child’s red ‘lego box’. Cork pin boards holding polaroid snaps of each corresponding outfit assisted in the voting process.
To open cash donations, the following were announced:
- The Bird $ 3 for every person through the door = $300 cash total by 8pm.
- Zanthus & generics $200 cash cheque
- Merge $100 cash cheque
The guests followed by donating cash - it was surprising to see more notes than coins go into the cases, helping themselves to a blue wrist band wording ‘look-listen-talk’ in recognition for their support.
All images provided by CTS Official Photographer MATT JELONEK (http://MattJelonek.com)
AUCTION OUTFIT DETAILS:
1. MARTINI & COZ ( model: Hannah )
- Tan Slouch Bag 375
- Gold plated heart earrings 152
- Gold hand beaded ring 110
- Gold snake skin belt 100
- Black Slip dress 50
- Size 8-10
RETAIL WORTH $ 787
2. ON TOUR ( model: Annabel )
- Orange Digital Print Vest
- Grey shorts with contrast blk pkts
- Method Clothing Gift voucher 100
- Size 8
RETAIL WORTH $ 500
3. DAVID &/OR BILLY (model: Cameron )
- Black Jersey Tshirt 120
- Black Plaited Drawstring pant 180
- White Hooded Cape 280
- Size: Medium
RETAIL WORTH $ 580
4. ONE FELL SWOOP ( model: Emily )
- Black Draped Apron Dress
- Size: 8
RETAIL WORTH $ 440
5. JOVEEBA ( Model: Chloe )
- Ultimate Black Cut out maxi Dress
- Size 8-10
-RETAIL WORTH $350
6. RASPEBERRY & POP ( Model: Hannah )
Handmade headpiece 80
-x3 Wooden Tiger bangles 84
- Gold handbeaded ring 110
- Bone Elephant ring 18
- Orange Ruffle Dress 165
- SIZE 8-10
RETAIL WORTH $ 347
7. ZANTHUS & GENERICS ( model: Annabel )
- Leopard Print Ruffle Pantsuit 240
- Black Sequin Jacket 190
- Fluro Yellow Studd Bag 140
- Black triple buckle belt 55
- Gold 3 layer necklace 80
- Gold windcatcher earrings 45
- Black Leather studded coil 65
- Black Zipped cuff 35
- Cork leather friendship band 18
RETAIL WORTH $ 868
8. MALACHI BY ALISTER YIAP ( model: Cameron )
- Malachi Signature Crow Belt buckle 65
- Malachi Large ‘Dog Tag’ on 85cm Sterling silver chain 250
- Velux classic Black men’s Scarf 120
SIZE 34 WAIST BELT
RETAIL WORTH $ 435
9. LONELY 8-BIT HEROES ( model: Emily )
-Tuxedo Tights with Red bows 100
- Paracute Boob Tube top
- From a yet to be released 2011 collection!
SIZE 8 – other sizes available
RETAIL WORTH $ 100
10. TU BOUTIQUE ( Model: Chloe )
- Black Strapless 1950’s dress 199
- Silver Bunny Pendant 59
- OnWilliam Gift voucher 50
RETAIL WORTH $ 258
ANNOUNCING: EXTENDED AUCTION ON FACEBOOK
All items have been posted on CTS FACEBOOK FANPAGE and Twitter under ‘Celebrate the sun’, so head to
For your chance to score yourself some lovely designer threads at a reduced price and donate to a worthy cause at the same time.
- Public can continue to bid online by via CTS FB msg or email direct to firstname.lastname@example.org by referring to the AUCTION ALBUM DIRECTIONS.
- The auction status can be tracked via online by COMMENT UPDATES or LIKE the specific item.
- CASH & CHEQUE donations can be accepted by dropping them into jars at the leading supporting boutiques*:
1. MERGE The Colonnade 9/388 Hay Street, Subiaco
2. METHOD 557 Beautfort Street, Mt Lawely
3. TU 218A William Street, Northbridge
*For each cash donation, we will provide a complimentary BeyondBlue giftbag, wristband and
store vouchers to value of more than $60.00. While stocks last.
- Online bids close Sunday 21st November 2010 6pm.
- SUCCESSFUL BIDS & TOTAL FUNDS RAISED Tally will be announced on FB & media within 24hrs.
- 100% all proceeds go direct to BEYOND BLUE RESEARCH ANCILLIARY FUND TRUST.